Bedford Row Family Project is:
- A Community of people, founded in Limerick City in 1999 by the Mercy Sisters and Franciscan Friars who:
- Are inspired by our awareness of the particular experience and issues of families affected by imprisonment.
- Support families in addressing their issues.
- Work with other groups, voluntary, statutory and community based, in the interest of social inclusion.
- Are committed to:
- Listening to the experience of people affected by imprisonment,
- Allowing that experience to shape the direction of the project.
- Working proactively with family members of people in prison (and those who have been released) to assist them in making positive life choices in particular with respect to their children.
- Provide leadership and direction in design and implementation of programmes that work effectively with families affected by imprisonment and related matters.
- We are a Registered Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee with a Board of Directors drawn from a wide variety of experiences encompassing the lived experience of imprisonment and professional skills
Our Team (2021)
Alison Curtin – Project Leader: 087 6929646
Annette O’Carroll – Family Support Worker: 087 604 5254
Brian McNulty – Social Worker: 085 767 5762
Claudia Bermingham – Outreach Worker: 087 767 1713
Frank Carmody – Traveller Support Worker: 087 240 0707
Mavoureen Kilkenny – Accountant
Pat Talty – Project Coordinator (Ennis): 087 680 9347
Shane Foley – Traveller Support Worker: 087 233 4708
Sessional Staff and Volunteers (2021)
Our sessional staff/volunteer/student commitment is diminished in 2021 due to the restrictions imposed by Covid 19 but we are sure that when Covid is over our full capacity will be filled again!
Carmel Byrne Christine Troy Larry de Cléir Ray Wallace