Bedford Row Family Project is:
- A Limerick City based voluntary group, founded in 1999 by the Franciscan and Mercy Orders.
- A Registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee, having a Board of Directors whose members come from a wide range of backgrounds and diverse experiences.
- A Community of People who:
- Are inspired by an awareness of the particular experience and issues of families of prisoners.
- Support families affected by imprisonment in addressing their issues.
- Work with other groups, voluntary, statutory and community based, in the interest of social inclusion.
- Are committed to:
- Listening to the experience of people affected by imprisonment,
- Allowing that experience to shape the direction of the project.
- Working proactively with family members of prisoners, and ex-prisoners, to ease their distress and assist them in making positive life choices in particular with respect to their children.
- Provide leadership and direction in design and implementation of programmes that work effectively with families affected by imprisonment and related matters.
Our Team (2017)
Alison Curtin Annette O’Carroll Breda O’Halloran Sr. Bernie O’Grady Brian McNulty Caroline Leamy Claudia Bermingham Frank Carmody Geraldine O’Brien Larry de Cléir Lee Ann Purcell Mavourneen Kilkenny Thomas Hussey
Sessional Staff and Volunteers, (2017):
Carmel Byrne Hazel Mitchell Ciara McNamara Sr. Sarah Tobin Mary Patricia Ryan Joe Nix Catherine Gallagher Alison Cowper Patricia Cahill Sr. Rose O’Doherty Rachel Irwin
Emma Cullinane (UL)